Celiac Specialists


it is no EXAGGERATION when i say that my celiac specialist changed my LIFE.

I only wish I had made it to see my specialist sooner than I did! When my blood test results for celiac disease came back with levels off the chart, my primary care doctor at the time advised me to stop eating gluten and that was it. She was also someone who I had to beg to test me for celiac disease in the first place. Apparently my 9+ years of digestive upset, cognitive issues, lethargy, anemia, and constant sinus infections were the result of "an overachiever." Too often people struggling with celiac disease are told the same dismissive story, especially women. That is why I would recommend that if you recently completed a blood panel or think you might have celiac disease, please go see a specialist who will test you, perform a biopsy, and treat you properly.

I see a specialist at Columbia University's Center for Celiac Disease. To learn more about the Center or find a specialist please visit their website.

Contact Information for the Center:

Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University
Harkness Pavilion
180 Fort Washington Avenue
Suite 936
New York, NY 10032

(212) 342-4529